Eventually, homeowners will encounter roof maintenance questions – even if your roof is relatively new. A single hailstorm may have you wondering about your roof’s warranty. Or if you’re actively seeking a roofing company to replace your roof, one of your six must-ask questions should be “Are warranties offered?”.
Roof Warranty Basics
Although it may seem as though there’s a wide range of roofing warranties, they all fall into three main buckets:
- Manufacturer’s Warranty: covers the products you purchase. Most roofing shingles come with a basic limited lifetime warranty, which is the industry standard. In most cases, a lifetime warranty means you’re covered as long as you own your home. The degree of protection you receive depends on the definition of “limited,” and this can vary depending on the manufacturer. What’s not included: Generally manufacturer warranties only provide coverage against factory defects, they don’t cover shingles that prematurely fail because of mistakes made during installation, or issues with any other components your roofer installed, such as an ice and water shield, underlayment, flashing or ventilation products.
- Workmanship Warranty: covers the contractor’s installation. The contractor who installs your roofing plays a key role in its performance and longevity. Reputable, skilled roofers stand behind each installation job with a workmanship warranty. The length of this type of warranty can vary depending on the contractor. While a longer coverage period is better, a good workmanship warranty should protect you against material failures that occur because of worker error or improper installation techniques regardless of the coverage term. What’s not included: Issues that aren’t related to installation workmanship, in most cases, are not covered. These may include storm, high wind, and impact damage; water damage due to ice dams; damages caused by roof alterations made after installation; or leaks caused by falling tree limbs or wind-driven debris.
- Extended Manufacturer’s Warranty: covers contractor workmanship along with expanded coverage for the products. Roofcrafters is a GAF MasterElite® roofing contractor. GAF is the nation’s largest shingle manufacturer for both commercial and residential roofs. Only 2% of roofing contractors in North America are GAF Master Elite, a certification they renew every year. Because of this, Roofcrafters can offer superior protection with the GAF Lifetime Roofing System, and have access to enhanced warranties backed by GAF.
Long Lasting Roofing Materials
Asphalt shingles are popular because they blend looks, longevity, and a reasonable price, and they’re typically the easiest to install, saving you money on labor costs as well. Specialty roofing materials like slate, tile, or metal tend to cost much more, but they can also last much longer. Today’s roofing manufacturers, such as GAF, offer high-end warranties, even on some types of shingles, that will last as long as you own your home.
RoofCrafters’ Weather Stopper Warranty
As a GAF MasterElite roofing contractor, we offer the Weather Stopper roof warranty package to all customers. While most contractors will offer some kind of warranty, Weather Stopper goes above and beyond.
The Weather Stopper Integrated System Limited Warranty includes:
- Accessories and installation
- 20-year coverage
- 100% material replacement
- Cost of labor for roof corrections
- Transferrable to the next homeowner
A Trustworthy Partner
Choosing between materials, warranties, and companies may seem like a large undertaking. Rather than laying out a hard sell, our goal is to help homeowners select the best roofing solution. Since 1981 we’ve provided Central Texas homeowners and businesses with stress-free roofing repairs and replacements. And as a certified, elite roofing contractor you can trust our expertise. Take a look at our Google Reviews and A+ BBB information.
Don’t settle for an independent contractor without the right credentials or warranties. Call us today for a free inspection.